• Mr. Banerjee joined the sports industry as the Research Executive with Comperio Research, the market research arm of world’s leading sports management company IMG. He was instrumental in preparing a number of sponsorship evaluation reports for international golf events.
• He then joined All India Football Federation (AIFF), the apex national body in football, as Event Coordinator and his job profile included preparing and maintaining the Licensing Criteria for introducing professional football in India, management and coordination of I-League (previously known as the National Football League), liaison with the representatives of Asian Football Confederation (AFC) etc.
• During his tenure with AIFF, he attended a course on Match Coordination conducted by FIFA.
• Mr. Banerjee was also associated with New World Consulting, a Bangalore based Sports Management Company, and was involved in various projects including the brand management of for various football leagues and overseas clubs.
• He took up the teaching assignment at IISWBM in June 2009.